Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Thursday 4 August 2011

Tour of the Western isles: Oban to Barra

Leaving the hills of Morven behind

The weather is obviously keen to demonstrate how quickly it can change in the west of Scotland. The fine weather of yesterday afternoon gave way to rain overnight and increasing mist of rain as we headed across to Barra by way of Coll and Tiree – a seven hour journey that passed remarkably quickly as there  was much to see for two thirds of the journey as we passed through the islands and the western mainland of Scotland.

It will all come right in the wash!

Lighthouse about an hour out of Oban




Tobermory


Beyond Tobermory: sailing boat, cottage and lighthouse
Securing the ferry@Coll

 Ferry terminal@Coll

Cyclists heading off the ferry@Coll

2 comments:

Luc Charlier said...

" To kindly folk too honest to deceive me
I'd guarantee their goodness any day
Their Highland hearts are tru-er gold believe me
Than all the gold in Tobermory Bay
The birds need only lift their wings and wander
I wish I were as fortunate as they
If I had wings to spread I'd fly them yonder
And set down by Tobermory Bay

My dream of Mull grows stronger still and stronger
So strong it is I dare not disobey
It's home for me, I can indeed no longer
Resist the call of Tobermory Bay ..."

Jean said...

Beautiful photos. I haven't been to the west of Scotland for a while and now I am reminded how much I am missing.