Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Thursday 3 November 2011

Les 5 du Vin sparkle in Champagne

 Les Artisans du Champagne@Champagne Doyard



Les 5 du Vin are on a two day visit to Champagne guests of Alfred Gratien Champagne and Les Artisans du Champagne. Some photos from the first day. More to follow.

 Hervé Lalau

Marc Vanhellemont considering a Champagne Alfred Gratien 

Michel Smith 

 Herve Lalau pays due homage to Michel Smith





8 comments:

Luc Charlier said...

“I like Fidel Castro and his beard” found an inspired Zimmerman to enable his hero to leave Maggie’s Farm without milking the cows first thing in the morning. What about Van Hellemont’s ?

Jim's Loire said...

Luc. I hope you can find a few words to convey Hervé's hommage to Michel.

Luc Charlier said...

You only need to ask, Jim: “Un mot, un geste et Coume Majou fait le reste !”.
I will join Redbone in their Champagne hommage to Michel (a.k.a “Le Forgeron”):
“ We were all sozzled at Michel’s knee
You and me
Yes, we were all sloshed at Michel’s knee
You and me
In the name of kindest ebriety
Hervé and me, Marc and me, you and me..... “

Jim's Loire said...

Excellent – Luc – on this occasion admirably brief and to the point.

Anonymous said...

What's missing is a photograph of you, Jim.

Russ Raney said...

Thanks for posting this.....fun to see the "interaction' amongst bloggers/reviewers. I've come to know Michel through my travels & tasting in Corbières, Roussillon etc - and he's been a sort of mentor & model in my new quest to do my own blog project (chiefly to help inform more US consumers about the Languedoc....a refreshing (and less stressful) change after a 30 year stint in winemaking.

Jim's Loire said...

Thanks Russ. Jim

Michel Smith said...

Thanks Jim & Russ. Et merci au chantre des 5, Luc "Léon" Charlier !