Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Monday 23 April 2012

Decanter World Wine Awards 2012

Chris Kissack: the Wine Doctor 

It's going to be a busy week as it is judging time for the 2012 Decanter World Wine AwardsOnce again I will be regional  for the Loire and, for the first time, judging for the Loire will now stretch from Monday to Thursday. I have a blend of old and new panel members. 

On Monday's panel will be Chris Kissack, The Wine Doctor flying in from Edinburgh and a well established Loire DWWA judge. He will be joined by master sommelier Yves Desmaris and Ken Mackay MW, whose buying responsibilities for Waitrose include the Loire. 

Amongst other things it will be fascinating to see how the 2011s are developing and how closely they correlate to how they were tasting only a few weeks ago in the valley itself.        


John Livingstone-Learmonth: King Roan considering the form

The week is also a great opportunity to catch up with many wine people from around the world. 

I gather that once again the DWWA has attracted a record entry this year with over 14,000 wines. As I said it will be a busy week! 

2 comments:

Luc Charlier said...

How much money does every entry need to pay in order to participate ?
If you tell me it’s free, then I shut up my big mouth.
Otherwise, it can only be a swindle (14.000) !
It’s great you spend your expert time judging and, in so doing, adding some relevance to the result. But in fact, who cares anyway ?
I had a dream last night ... the wine business getting rid of its parasites and all that.
But in fact, I spend my time courting them as well.
F..ck, what a stupid life: it would be so easy for me to just make the wine (it’s only wine making and I like it, I like it, yes I do ...), and for you to just quaff it till you drop dead.

Jim's Loire said...

Luc – c'mon you're a man of the world! Of course it's not free otherwise how would they be able to employ stellar judges like myself!!